International Radio Emergency Support Coalition
October, 4, 2010
Table of Articles,
Article I., Name and Address, Legal
Article II. Objectives.
Article III. Membership.
Article IV. Meetings.
Article V. Governing body.
Article VI. Election of officers and directors.
Article VII. Term of office.
Article VIII. Duties of officers and directors.
Article VIX Impeachment of officers and directors.
Article X. Method of Voting.
Article XI. Committees.
Article XII. Finances.
Article XIII. Resolutions.
Article XIV. Order of business.
Article XV. Amendments to the bylaws.
ARTICLE I - NAME AND ADDRESS
Section 1. The name of this organization shall be the IRESC, International Radio Emergency Support Coalition., here in after referred to as "IRESC", a not-for-profit corporation organized under the laws of the State "Colorado" .USA and is duly registered and recognized under existing laws internationally.
2. The principal address of the IRESC is that of the current Senior Vice President/Director of Presidents of IRESC, identified as Salvatore C. Torres, Call Sign W0SCT, and address of 2500 Elizabeth Street, Pueblo, Colorado, 81003, USA. E mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
IRESC Name and Trademark logo is legally protected internationally under the following:
IRESC, International Radio Emergency Support Coalition
IRESC Protected Logo:
ARTICLE II - OBJECTIVES
IRESC'S Mission statement goes here.
(1) IRESC, in cooperation with other organizations and agencies, shall promote the advancement of public service and safety through amateur radio communications.
(2) IRESC shall promote participation of its members in emergency communications so that the safety of the public may be better served.
(3) IRESC shall promote the improvement and advancement of the art of mobile communications in the interest of public service.
(4) IRESC shall, from time to time, promote contests in which operating skills may be improved, issue certificates of merit, promote social programs, and sponsor activities for and on behalf of its membership.
(5) IRESC shall assist its members and all other radio amateurs with an ongoing education program to improve their technical proficiency as amateur radio operators.
(6) IRESC and its members shall promote amateur radio, and the advantages resulting from licensing amateur radio operators, to the public at large.
ARTICLE III MEMBERSHIP
1. This is where we will put the membership requirements, various levels of membership and what is included for each level. Such as active member, honorary member, and associate.
President of IRESC
Senior Vice President/Director of Presidents
Executive Board Officer
President of Country
Net Control Director Officer
Other Positions and Titles
Honorary Corporate Sponsor Member
Honorary Life Member
2. May want to make some levels available only to current licensed amateur radio operators.
3. A member who has acted in a manner detrimental to IRESC and/or amateur radio may be subject to a suspension of membership privileges or revocation of membership.
5. The President and Senior Vice President and or the Executive Board with the President’s approval, have the right and the authority to propose a title or membership or position to any person for the benefit of IRESC organization.
6. The President and the Senior Vice President has the right to revoke membership at any given time for any reason to protect the interests of IRESC.
ARTICLE IV - MEETINGS
1. The regular monthly meetings of this IRESC shall be held at the location, date, and time designated by the President or the Senior Vice President or the Executive Board.
2. The annual meeting of the IRESC shall be held in the month of December of each year in conjunction with the regular meeting at which time the election of officers. The President or the Senior Vice President and the Executive Board and shall take place in this meeting. The results of the election shall be announced at that meeting.
3. Notice of the hour and place of all annual and general meetings shall be sent to the membership by the secretary .
4. The President or the Senior Vice President shall have the authority to cancel or postpone a regularly scheduled meeting in case of emergency, holiday, or unavailability of meeting place.
5. Special meetings of the IRESC may be called by President or the Senior Vice President or the Executive Board to discuss and transact specific and/or imperative business where a decision from the membership is required.
(a) Special meetings of the IRESC may be called by the President or the Senior Vice President any time. All others must be called by the Executive Board when requested to do so, in writing, by no less than 50 percent of the members in good standing eligible to vote.
(b) Notice of special meetings stating the time, place and reason for the meeting shall be sent to each member by last known e mail .
6. 50 percent of the total membership eligible to vote shall constitute quorum at all regular, special, and annual meetings of the IRESC.
7. A quorum, once established, shall not be broken by withdrawal of members from the meeting.
8. A quorum at all regular and special meetings of the Executive Board shall consist of a majority of the members of the executive board.
9. Regular monthly meetings of the Executive Board shall be held each month no later than the last day of the month at the hour and place specified by the president or the senior vice president. Special meetings, of the Executive Board may be called by the president or the senior vice president or upon request to the president by two members of the executive board. Notice of any special meeting of the Executive Board shall be given at least 24 hours in advance.
ARTICLE V - GOVERNING BODY
1. The governing body of this IRESC shall be known as the executive board, and shall consist of the President, Senior Vice President, Senior Liaison Officer ,Secretary, Treasurer, and "X' number of IRESC officers, all elected in the manner hereafter described.
2. All members of the Executive Board shall be at least 18 years old, active members in good standing, and shall have be members in good standing.
3. Except as herein specifically provided, the decisions of the President and Senior Vice President and the Executive Board shall be deemed final.
4. The Executive Board must reconsider any of its decisions by motion of any board member.
ARTICLE VI - ELECTION OF OFFICERS & EXECUTIVE BOARD
1.Each year, at the regular monthly meeting for November, the presiding officer shall ask for a report from the elections committee approved by the president and the senior vice president and the executive board, who shall place in nomination qualified candidates for president, senior vice president, secretary, treasurer, . Do we want a Technical Director, a Liaison/Public Services (Relations) Officer, etc..
(a) The term "qualified candidate" shall be interpreted to mean that not only is the candidate eligible to hold office, having been a member in good standing .that he/she is familiar with and will accept the responsibilities of office, as described in the IRESC By-Laws and the laws of the state that the organization is registered in. Colorado, USA The nominating committee will provide proper documentation to each candidate.
(b) The elections committee shall send an email or letter, calling for nominations listing all anticipated vacancies.
The committee will insure that there will be one candidate for each position. 2. Upon completion of the elections committee report at the November meeting, the floor shall be opened for nominations. Any such nominations must be seconded from the floor and the nominee must express his/her willingness to serve and acknowledge qualification to do.
(a) Upon affirmation by qualified candidates nominated from the floor that they are eligible and willing to serve, the elections committee shall add such candidates to the ballot.
(b) If no further nominations are forthcoming from the floor the presiding officer shall declare nominations closed and shall instruct the publications committee chairman to prepare a ballot of which shall be presented to each member at the annual meeting.
(c) All nominations must be made at the November meeting.
3. The complete slate of candidates shall be published in such a manner that each member is mailed a copy of the slate ten days prior to the meeting at which elections are to take place. Listings shall be in call book order.
4. A majority vote of eligible members present and voting shall determine the election of officers.
(a) IRESC Positions and titles shall be elected according to the votes received -- in descending order of the number of votes.
(b) In the event of tie votes there shall be a runoff election at the same meeting.
(c) The elections committee shall provide at least three active members to count the votes. None of these shall be a candidate.
5. Immediately following the balloting, the newly elected officers and directors shall be installed and shall take office as of January 1st of the ensuing year. During this time, the outgoing officers shall provide proper "Change Over" with the incoming officer.
6. In the event of a vacancy of the Presidency, the Senior Vice President shall automatically succeed to the office of President. The vacancy so created in the office of Senior Vice President shall be filled in accordance with 7.
7. The Executive Board, after due investigation of the causes and having satisfied itself of the reasonable permanency of the condition, may declare vacant any neglected office or position on the board. A 90 per cent vote of the board members present and voting shall be required to declare such a vacancy.
8. A board vacancy having been so declared shall be filled by a vote of the majority of the remaining Executive Board at the next meeting thereof. The selection to be made from candidates who have expressed their interest to serve, and who have fulfilled the same requirements as those required in a regular election.
ARTICLE VII - TERM OF OFFICE
1. The term of office for President, Senior Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer shall be for a period of one year, beginning on January first immediately following the annual meeting and shall terminate on December thirty-first immediately following the next annual meeting, except as noted in 1 (b), below.
(a) The President and Senior Vice President may succeed themselves in the same office for one additional term if reelected to that office in accordance with Article VI of these bylaws.
(b) The Secretary and Treasurer may succeed themselves without limit if reelected to that office in accordance with Article VI of these bylaws.
2. The term of office of each shall be two years beginning January first immediately following the annual meeting. At least three directors shall be elected in accordance with Article VI of these bylaws.
(a) Executive Board members may succeed themselves on the board for one additional term if elected to that position in accordance with Article VI of these bylaws.
ARTICLE VIII - DUTIES OF OFFICERS & EXECUTIVE BOARD
1. It shall be the duty of the President, to reside at regular and special meetings of the IRESC, the executive board, and to perform such other duties as ordinarily pertains to this office including, but not limited to, the establishment of committees.
2. It shall be the duty of the Senior Vice President to preside at all meetings in the absence of the President, to assist the president in the performance of his duties, to be the program chairperson at the regular monthly meetings, and to perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to this office.
3. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to keep all IRESC records, to initiate notices of all IRESC meetings and Executive Board meetings, to report to the IRESC all decisions and actions of the Executive Board as recorded in the minutes of such meetings, to record the minutes of regular and special meetings, to handle all correspondence pertaining to IRESC matters, to retain copies of correspondence, initiated by others in the name of the IRESC, and to perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to this office. The Secretary shall retain all records and act as repository of same for historical use. Upon retirement from office, the Secretary shall transfer to the successor, or the President, all minutes, IRESC records, supplies, and other IRESC property in his/her possession.
4. It shall be the duty of the Treasurer to maintain accounts of record and report monthly to the Executive Board any income, expenditures, and bank balances and to perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to this office. Further, the Treasurer shall assist the audit committee in maintaining its records. Upon retirement from office, the treasurer shall transfer to the successor or the president all funds, account books, all financial records and other IRESC property in his/her possession.
5. It shall be the duty of the President, Senior Vice Presidents and the Executive Board, in conjunction with the IRESC officers, to determine the IRESC policies and to pass upon all issues concerning the welfare of the IRESC, to implement motions passed by the general membership, and to perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to any IRESC issues and functions, including, but not limited to, serving as committee chairpersons when requested to do so by the president.
6. The President, Senior Vice Presidents and the Executive Board, should be familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the by laws and all the Officers and Members of IRESC.
ARTICLE IX - IMPEACHMENT OF OFFICERS & EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS, MEMBER OR PERSONS.
1. Any IRESC Officer, Executive Board Member, Member or Person of this IRESC may be removed from office for failure to satisfactorily perform the duties of his/her office by the discretion of the President or the Senior Vice President at any given time to protect IRESC or
2. a 90 per cent vote of the Executive Board present and eligible to vote at a special meeting called for this specific purpose. Meetings for this purpose shall be called pursuant to 3, 4, and 5 of Article IV of these bylaws to impeachment under this rule.
(a) Initiation of Executive Board impeachment proceedings may be accomplished at any regular or special meeting by consent of 90 percent of the members present and eligible to vote, a quorum being present.
3. (a) The committee shall report directly to the Executive Board membership results of its investigation of charges. Their report, majority and minority views, shall be presented to the membership at the meeting called for this purpose at which the chairman shall preside and after which a general discussion shall be presented by and for the members present. The accused shall be accorded the right of rebuttal.
(b) Article XIV, 2, all IRESC rules and by laws shall govern the proceedings.
ARTICLE X - METHOD OF VOTING
1. The business of the IRESC shall be transacted by a verbal or hand vote except for the elections of officers and Executive Board , which shall be by closed ballot.
2. Unless specifically provided for in these bylaws, upon establishment of a quorum, a simple majority vote of eligible members present shall be deemed sufficient to transact all IRESC business.
ARTICLE XI - COMMITTEES
1. The president or the senior vice president or the Executive Board , shall appoint chairpersons for the following standing committees, and shall instruct the chairpersons in their duties.
2. The President or the Senior Vice President or the Executive Board may appoint any additional committees and their chairpersons as may be deemed essential to the welfare and operation of the IRESC.
3. Each committee shall transact such business as is delegated to it by the President or the Senior Vice President or the Executive Board and shall report to and be responsible in a manner set out by said authority and function(s).
ARTICLE XII - FINANCES
1. The Treasurer shall deposit all funds of the IRESC in a manner to be approved by the executive The President or the Senior Vice President or the Executive Board.
2. Only the Treasurer, President, Senior Vice President, and Secretary shall be authorized to sign checks in payment of debts of this IRESC.
3. The Treasurer, or in his/her absence, the President or Senior Vice President shall be authorized to pay all bills for usual monthly operating expenses.
4. All other expenditures of the IRESC not specifically included in 3 above, up to and including $XX amount, must have the approval of the executive board.
5. The President, Senor Vice President, or Secretary must issue a voucher to the treasurer to authorize issuance of any check except as noted in 3 above.
6. The financial records, assets and liabilities of the IRESC shall be reviewed on an ongoing basis by the audit committee, which shall submit its report to the Executive Board for delivery to the membership annually. A formal audit, will be done when a new treasure takes over and/or as often as deemed necessary or by Colorado State Law in the USA.
7. An expenditure in excess of $XX amount must be submitted by the Executive Board to the IRESC membership for approval by the majority present and eligible to vote at a regular or special meeting. Any affirmative vote authorizes an officer, as noted in 5 above, to issue a voucher for the expenditure.
8. An operating budget, based on best accounting practices, for the current calendar year, shall be presented in writing to the membership by the executive board, acting as a committee of the whole, for approval at the March meeting. This budget shall have been previously presented to the membership together with the capital budget. This budget shall list each object of expense planned for the calendar year, the amount to be spent, together with the amounts budgeted in and actually spent during the previous calendar year. No expenditure for capital assets in excess of the amount specified in Section 4 of this Article XII, or for those to be acquired over a period extending beyond the current calendar year shall be included in the operating budget, but shall instead be included in the capital budget.
9. A capital budget, based on best accounting principles, for the current calendar year shall be presented in writing to the membership by the executive board, acting as a committee of the whole, for approval at the March meeting. This budget shall have been previously presented to the membership together with the operating budget. This budget shall list each capital asset to be acquired by the IRESC requiring the expenditure of more than the amount specified in Section 4 of this Article XII, or to be acquired over a period extending beyond the current calendar year. Together with each such capital asset shall be listed the total amount approved by the membership, the total amount expended in prior calendar years, and the remaining amounts planned to be spent during the current and the next two succeeding calendar years. Any pending capital assets rescinded by the membership shall be removed from the capital budget.
ARTICLE XIII - RESOLUTIONS
1. Any resolution, or motion to commit this IRESC on any matter pertinent to IRESC business must be considered by The President or the Senior Vice President or the Executive Board prior to discussion at the meetings ,
ARTICLE XIV - ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. The following shall be the regular order of business at all regular or special meetings of the IRESC:
A. Meeting called to order
B. Introduction of guests, visitors, and new members
C. Approval of the minutes of the preceding meeting
D. Any officers' reports
E. Any committee reports
F. Old business
G. New business
H. General welfare
I. Special feature
2. Unless specifically provided for elsewhere in these bylaws "IRESC by laws" shall govern all parliamentary procedures of this IRESC at regular, special, committee, and board meetings except when contrary to the certificate of incorporation, these bylaws, or Colorado State laws, USA.
ARTICLE XV - AMENDMENTS TO THE BYLAWS
1. Any proposed amendment to these bylaws must be submitted, in writing, to The President or the Senior Vice President or the Executive Board .
2. These bylaws may be amended at any regular or special meeting, a quorum being present, by a 90 percent vote of the members present and eligible to vote.
3. No amendment or addition to these bylaws can be made which is not in harmony with the laws of the State of Colorado governing the formation and chartering of a not-for-profit corporation.
Effective October 4, 2010
Carl Caracol W2WRX
IRESC SR.Vice President
Sal Torres W0SCT