24 February 2010
REQUIREMENTS FOR NET CONTROL MEMBERSHIP INTO THE INTERNATIONAL RADIO EMERGENCY SUPPORT COALITION NETWORK.
1) YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF IRESC AND APPROVED BY THE NET MANGER.
2) INTERNET ACCESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS WITH A BACKUP EMAIL ADDRESS.
This is a “must have” requirement. There are no exceptions to this requirement. This requirement enables the net management to stay in direct contact with all of the controllers and vice versa. It also allows for the rapid dissemination of updates, net bulletins and other important information. Use of the Internet is part of regular net control duties.
3) GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF THIRD PARTY AGREEMENTS
The mission of the Network, in part, involves the handling of third party communications. Therefore, applicants must have a working knowledge of third party agreements with other countries, and have at ready reference this data when acting as a Net controller.
4) KNOWLEDGE OF THEIR LICENSING AUTHORITIES RULES AND REGULATIONS
Applicants must be knowledgeable in the rules and regulations of their countries licensing authority, especially those pertaining to amateur radio emergency communications.
5) EXPERIENCE IN HANDLING RADIO TRAFFIC.
Since the mission of our Network involves traffic handling, applicants should have experience in handling radio traffic.
6) AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE IRESC STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOP) AS POSTED BY THE NET MANAGER.
7) THE ABILITY TO PLOT COORDINATES ON A MAP AND HAVE WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF LATITUDE, LONGITUDE, AND UTC TIME.
8) ABILITY TO TRANSMIT INFORMATION ACCURATELY
9) AT ALL TIMES, CONDUCT ALL BUSINESS WHILE PERFORMING ANY ROLE IN IRESC AT A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL.
10) A SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A PROBATIONARY PERIOD